For viewing layers, use Acrobat Reader 6.0 or above. It is assumed you already know how to have Acrobat read the file because there are a number of ways to do that. Follow these instructions to Deselect/Select layers:
- Open the map Pioneer_Landowner_Map in Acrobat Reader
- Select each in turn: VIEW -> SHOW/HIDE -> NAVIGATION PAINS -> LAYERS. This will open up a Layers panel on the left side of the window.
- Under the Layers title is an icon that if you hover your mouse pointer on for a few seconds will say "options" click on that Icon and choose "Expand All"
- On the left of the Layers panel are little eye icons. Click on these to toggle the visibility of the various layers.
Acrobat useful viewing tool:
- Open the map and adjust the whole window to fill the left half of your computer screen.
- Select the whole page zoom (VIEW -> ZOOM -> ZOOM TO PAGE LEVEL)
- Select the Loupe tool (VIEW -> ZOOM -> LOUPE TOOL)
- Nothing happens till you click the mouse on the left map. A new window will pop up. Adjust the new window to fill the other half of your computer screen.
- In the bottom right of that new window is a box Icon that will allow you to adjust the colour of the box outline on the left map. Suggested is Yellow.
- Dragging the box on the left map will show the magnified image on the right. A slider on the left half allows changing magnification.
The Acrobat FIND command is useful.